20kt wave day…!
Main highlights of the day were:-
- Several pilots bounced off the base of the airway @ FL125.
- Patches of REALLY horrendous turbulence (you had to flying in it to believe how bad it was!)
- Most pilots experienced 10+ kts at some time during their climbs with their varios hard on the stops.
- Martin Watt got the best climb rate of the day where it peaked at 20 kts up!
- As the sky was crystal clear, (due to all the recent rain I suspect) there were tremendous views from Snowdon in the North to across the Severn to the coast of Somerset. The Beacons looked amazing with a dusting of snow on the peaks.
All in all a great Talgarth gliding day.